Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A perfect day

Today was so wonderful.  I had so much fun looking at all the old historic stuff about Mark Twain.  I remember when I had to write a 20 page paper about 'Huck Finn' and Tom Sawyer. Seeing everything makes it come to life.

We walked up to a light house.  Man -- am I out of shape.  The 250 stairs were very steep, but once I got to the top it was totally worth it.

We went to Nauvoo. I can't even think of how hard it was for the pioneers to pick up and leave everything that they worked so hard for, with no guarantee. They have been some very strong winds here, and it literally pushed Tavin over.

It makes me really thankful for the pioneers, and all that they did to make it so that we could have a place to live and worship. Man -- I cannot believe that they walked that far. It is so green here, and so many trees.

Tavin and Braxton both got a brick and were shown how the bricks are made. They did a really good job holding still and listening to the different presentations.When were got to the hotel, we found out that Ken had been accepted to Baylor. That made me really excited. I don;t think that I can sleep tonight. They even offered him an additional $5,000 fellowship. That is how much that they want him. The kids are staying up late tonight, but that is okay, we have a long drive ahead of us tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment