Monday, March 19, 2012

Waco, Texas

We are in Waco for the next couple of days. So far, it seems very promising, I will be visiting the university and physics department tomorrow. I hope that it turns out well. Susie and I are excited about the area so it would be nice if Baylor turns out to be a good match for us academically as well.

It is in the 70s and 80s today. It has been fairly windy and lightening and hail are expected tonight. The climate reminds me very much like areas of Puerto Rico and Venezuela. This is kinda of nice. The are definitely Mexican influences and areas to be seen, but the buildings and culture are very american.

We visited Golden Corral for dinner tonight. The boys had a fun treat for dessert -- Cotton Candy!

Today, thes reality of our family moving has really started to hit me. It is quite the step for our family to take, and the responsibility makes me feel a little nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment